RICHMOND – Six Richmond area organizations have received $382,200 so far this year in B.C. Government gaming grants in the human and social services sector announced Richmond Centre MLA Teresa Wat.
Funding provided to organizations in this latest round of gaming grants supports programs that significantly contribute to the quality of life in the community, including assisting the disadvantaged or distressed, promoting health or enhancing opportunities for youth.
Organizations in Richmond-Centre receiving grants include:
- Richmond Centre for Disability $100,000
- Volunteer Richmond Information Services Society $81,200
- Chimo Community Services Society $75,000
- Richmond Chinatown Lions Club Society $50,000
- Vancouver Pacific Lions Club $39,000
- Connections Community Services Society $37,000
Why this matters:
- Community gaming grants in the human and social services sector benefit food banks, hospice societies, community services, service clubs, counselling programs and organizations that assist people coping with challenging life situations, including addictions, serious injuries or disabilities.
- Every year the Province approves approximately $135 million in community gaming grants for not-for-profit organizations, with the human and social services sector receiving the largest share of this annual funding.
- Over 5,000 local not-for-profit organizations representing virtually every community in British Columbia benefit from this funding every year. These organizations provide invaluable services in their communities.
- Eligible organizations applying for gaming grant funding are distributed across six sectors including: arts and culture; sport; environment; public safety; human and social services; parent and district parent advisory councils.
Richmond-Centre MLA Teresa Wat –
“Richmond is blessed to have so many organizations that look after our most vulnerable. These grants will empower those community programs to continue their good work. “
For more information:
Full application information for community gaming grants is available online at: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/gambling-fundraising/gaming-grants
BC Liberal Government Caucus Communications